Friday, December 26, 2008

Steinberger Parts... Where to go?

Tim, I gather you are now the go-to guy for all things Steinberger, so I need a bit of help. I just purchased a Spirit GTPro Standard(HSS) and found the small black thrust-washers beneath the heads of the tuners to be plastic as opposed to metal as on my Spirit bass. They pre-distorted and pre-riped for my convenience(seems plastic may not be the best choice for this application). Do you have 12 metal washers(two per tuner, as on my bass seems correct) I can capture from you to replace them with? Dean

ANSWER:

Hi Dean,

When it comes to parts for a new Steinberger your best bet is going to be http://www.sweetwater.com/

There are a lot of great Steinberger dealers out there but Sweet Water tops them all when it comes to New guitar parts.

The last time I dealt with them they ended up giving me the part free because they felt I had to wait to long for them to
find it!

Make sure you talk to Ryan Murphy. Here is his emal address and phone #

Ryan Murphy

Sweetwater Sales Engineer

5501 US Highway 30 West

Fort Wayne, IN 46818

1-800-222-4700 x1256

ryan_murphy@sweetwater.com

www.sweetwater.com

Tell him Tim Pletcher sent you. He will take care of you.


Thanks,

Tim

www.guitarsend.com

No comments: